Watkins opened for business in 1913 under the ownership of pharmacists Thomas Watkins as a small retail pharmacy. Purchased in 1968 by Sidney E Miller RPH, it has slowly evolved into the current business, offering a Retail Pharmacy, a Compounding Pharmacy, a Home Healthcare Department as well as a Physician and Hospital Supply Division.
For over 100 years Watkins has provided affordable prescription and home healthcare supplies to the Muskegon and surrounding areas. Answering the call of market demand, a physician and hospital supply division was added by Mr. Miller shortly after purchasing the business. Today, with approximately 25 full time employees Watkins serves the medical supply needs of customers in the physician and hospital markets.
Covering an area from Muskegon to Grand Rapids, from Holland to Traverse City, Watkins maintains a 13,000 square foot warehouse allowing for rapid shipment to all its customers. Customer orders are shipped daily utilizing local courier services or company owned delivery vehicles. Most orders are shipped the same day. Local deliveries are made within 24 hours of order and shipped orders are delivered overnight. Local Muskegon customers can request home delivery within a 5 mile radius of Watkins for a $3.00 delivery fee.